Annual Meeting 2022: Building Resilience in the Transition
- 6 Oct, 2022
- 9:00 am
The New Producers Group is celebrating 10 years in 2022 amidst a climate crisis and in a global industry in flux. There is a push to invest in oil and gas in the wake of the Ukraine crisis, but this may not help emerging producers. They are not the primary destination of investment capital. Nor are they attracting climate finance to pursue alternatives and seize new opportunities that will help them succeed in a decarbonized global economy.
The 2022 Annual Meeting will be held on the sidelines of the Africa Oil Week and Green Energy Africa Summit in Cape Town. It will be an invitation-only roundtable of 50 senior representatives of ministries of petroleum, energy, environment and finance, regulatory agencies, and NOCs.
The Annual Meeting is the centrepiece event of the project and offers unique opportunities for peer-to-peer exchange.
The theme of the meeting is Building Resilience in the Transition. Participants will consider the following issues:
- Can an industry in flux meet the aspirations of emerging producers?
- Setting a framework to guide investment
- Adapting the sector to the transition
- Dr Valerie Marcel, Director, New Producers Group
- Dr Akinwumi A. Adesina, President, African Development Bank Group (invited)
- Dr James Henderson, Director, Energy Transition Research Initiative & Chairman, Gas Research Programme, Oxford Institute for Energy Studies
- Armando Zamora, Executive Director, ANH, Colombia
- Naadira Ogeer, Economic Adviser, Commonwealth Secretariat
- Dipak Patel, Head: Climate Finance & Innovation, Presidential Climate Commission, South Africa
- Dr. Kelechi Onyekachi Ofoegbu, Executive Commissioner, Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission